Handling investments during divorce proceedings
Here are some quick tips, inspired by U.S. News and World Report, on how to properly ensure that your assets are fairly divided during a divorce.
- Keep it as civil as possible as you make these major financial changes
- Consider selling your investment properties and distributing the proceeds to your adult children
- Name your personal assets
- See whether a certified divorce financial analyst can act as an adviser to your lawyer
- Familiarize yourself with your joint tax return
- Stop hiding investments
- Revisit your cash flow needs
- Know that financial records are digital and can’t just be shredded
Our Raleigh divorce attorneys at Marshall & Taylor PLLC are prepared to help you navigate every step of divorce in an effort to ensure your interests are protected. For more information about the legal services we offer, call our offices in Raleigh today at (919) 833-1040.