Whether you’re adopting a child or going through a divorce, you need an experienced attorney by your side to provide legal representation and guide you through the process. At Marshall & Taylor PLLC, we have the resources to create a strategy to meet your needs and try to achieve your goals. Our legal team will fight to protect your rights during this overwhelming time in your life.
Marshall & Taylor PLLC knows the far-reaching and long-term effects of a dispute within the family. Going through a divorce creates various challenges. It can upend your whole life and cause emotional and financial strain. If you need to take your case to court, it can become a contentious battle and potentially drag on for months or even years.
The Pittsboro family law attorneys of Marshall & Taylor PLLC can help you resolve the issues you face. We use our knowledge of state laws and legal procedures to handle every aspect of a client’s case effectively. We will remain in your corner until the end to get you through this so you can move forward with your life.
Why You Should Hire a Family Law Attorney in Pittsboro, NC
Although you think you can finalize your divorce amicably, many issues can arise that might turn an otherwise smooth and respectful process into an ugly fight. You may agree on some matters, such as property division, but can’t seem to negotiate terms for child custody and support. If you don’t have someone there to protect your interests, you could walk away from the marriage with nothing.
At Marshall & Taylor PLLC, our Pittsboro family law attorneys can offer the comprehensive legal services you need to navigate the complex process. We will review the circumstances to determine your rights and options and work towards a favorable outcome.
We understand the struggles of dealing with a divorce. You will be our top priority while we are working on your case. We believe in dependable customer service and provide ongoing communication to our clients. With our 24/7 availability, you can reach us whenever you need us.
Our Practice Areas
Marshall & Taylor PLLC handles various family law matters for clients in Pittsboro, North Carolina. We believe anyone facing hardships in their lives deserves assistance from a dedicated legal team. You should not have to go through this devastating experience alone. We will be there from start to finish of your case.
We know that no two clients or cases are alike and use a personalized approach to handle the unique aspects of the family law issues we take on. We can represent you in a variety of cases, including:
- Divorce – All parties involved in a divorce feel the effects of ongoing negotiations to settle the terms and finalize the process, especially in a contested divorce. Even if you’re going through an uncontested divorce, you need a skilled legal team to ensure you’re satisfied with the final terms of the agreement. Marshall & Taylor PLLC is ready to fight for what you want and deserve.
- Child custody – Doing what’s best for the children is always crucial during a divorce. Whether you’re petitioning for custody of your kids, pursuing a modified order, or need to enforce an established agreement, our attorneys could help.
- Alimony – Alimony is necessary for some spouses who are unable to support themselves financially after leaving a marriage. You must meet specific factors to be eligible for alimony following a divorce.
- Child support – The non-custodial parent, the parent who doesn’t reside with the children, often ends up paying child support to the custodial parent to meet their children’s basic needs. This is a critical part of any divorce to ensure you can provide for your kids and maintain their best interests.
- Adoption – Deciding to adopt a child is an exciting time in anyone’s life. It would be best to consult Marshall & Taylor PLLC for advice and guidance through the complicated process.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution – If you can finalize your divorce through arbitration or mediation, you can save a lot of time and money on a courtroom battle. Coming to an amicable agreement with your spouse on the terms of your divorce through alternative dispute resolution could cut down on the complications of legal proceedings.
- Separation – North Carolina law allows for multiple types of separation. You and your spouse can create a separation agreement to outline decisions regarding child support, property division, alimony, and other necessary elements of a divorce.
- Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders – When an argument escalates to physical violence, you can protect yourself by filing a restraining order against your partner. A court order prohibits your abuser from making contact with you in any way. If they violate the court order, they could end up in jail.
- Property Division – Determining who can keep the marital home, vehicles, and other assets is one of the most disputed matters during a divorce. Hiring a family law attorney in Pittsboro is vital to make sure you walk away with the property you deserve.
If you’re going through any of these family law matters, do not hesitate to contact Marshall & Taylor PLLC. We can advise you about the best way to proceed with your case to try to achieve your desired result.
A divorce can take time to finalize. Even if you think you and your spouse are on the same page, significant emotions can turn the entire procedure upside down, resulting in unexpected delays and contention. Every stage of legal proceedings can be challenging to navigate if you don’t seek representation from an experienced Pittsboro family law attorney.
Marshall & Taylor PLLC is familiar with every area of family law. We know what it takes to protect our clients and handle even the most complex matters. Our hard work and dedication have earned us multiple awards and accolades from prestigious organizations. We have been able to build a stellar reputation for representing North Carolina residents successfully.
If you’re struggling to resolve a family dispute or need assistance with a family law issue, contact Marshall & Taylor PLLC today. You can discuss your case with us during a confidential consultation and learn about your legal options so you can make an informed decision about your next steps. Call now at (919) 833-1040.